Knowco Collabwith Terms & Conditions:
Knowco Collabwith is a platform that offers services and products to its users, with the aim to create a community that connects the right people together, inciting innovation through collaboration. For the success of such a community, abiding by the Terms & Conditions is essential. We depend on the community to comply with such Terms & Conditions which outline appropriate usage of the website. Our policies are based on our personal beliefs of friendly community engagement and on feedback from our community.
In these Terms & Conditions the following definitions will be used, in the singular as well as the plural:
- User: anyone using Knowco Collabwith products and services.
- Knowco Collabwith: Jara Pascual Holding B.V. or any of its subsidiaries, making use of the brand Knowco Collabwith.
C.Online System: Includes the websites and services offered by Knowco Collabwith including knowco.net & platform.knowco.net
1.1. These Terms & Conditions govern the users use of services on the website platform.knowco.net & knowco.net. By accepting these Terms & conditions, either by clicking a box indicating your acceptance when creating your user account, you agree that these Terms & conditions form part of the agreement between you and Knowco Collabwith.
1.2. These Terms & Conditions were last updated on June 22, 2020 and are effective between you and Knowco Collabwith from you date you became a member of the Knowco Collabwith community at platform.knowco.net or used the Knowco Collabwith products on knowco.net.
A. Knowco Collabwith supplies services and products to Users, which enable them to accept investment, or offer investment.
B. By using our products and/or services any User agrees to the set Terms & Conditions. It is at Knowco Collabwith’s discretion whether any party can become a User. These conditions apply to all our products, services and the website. If a user does not accept/follow these Terms & Conditions, the user shall not have access to the services and products available.
3. Changes to Terms & Conditions
A. Knowco Collabwith may change these Terms & Conditions at any time, for example in response to changed conditions or change in legislation. As soon as a new version is available this will be published on the website (s). These Terms were last updated on 06.07.2020.
4. Norms and Accepted Use
The online system for investment is open Users engaging in professional and appropriate behaviour. The User will not jeopardize the functioning of the system in any way. The User will not add or extract data beyond what is consistent with normal and accepted use. Knowco Collabwith determines what is considered appropriate and acceptable behaviour. In principle, all actions are considered appropriate use which will allow a User stay up to date with the development of Knowco Collabwith and its products and/or allow the User to gain additional information about an investment round set up by a User.
Unacceptable behaviour shall include the following, but is not limited to this list:
Rude and inappropriate language
The Knowco Collabwith community aims to maintain professional integrity and the use of rude and inappropriate language does not fall in line with our beliefs. In order to promote collaboration, we need to pay close attention to what we say and how we say things. Respect for eachother is the cornerstone of a successful collaboration. Meanwhile, kind words create a safe environment where everyone feels comfortable sharing their business ideas, propelling innovation.
Misrepresentation / Inauthentic behaviour
Inauthentic behaviour and misrepresentation of your business/startup/academic background or university association may create confusion and distrust in the community. When making an account on the Knowco Collabwith website, it is crucial that only truthful information is shared and dissiminated. Fake accounts and fake projects are not tolerated on the platform. Our authenticity policies are intended to create a safe environment where people can trust and hold one another accountable. If Knowco Collabwith discovers that a user misrepresents themself on the platform or lies about their identity/role in a business, shall be removed from the platform.
In order to maintain a certain level of professionalism on the platform, we expect users to behave and communicate in a professional manner. Using the best of your own judgement to determine professional behaviour is advisable. Generally, this means that users should communicate using appropriate language and share information solely related to the project or collaboration at hand. Having personal conversations cannot be controlled by Knowco Collabwith. If a User’s unprofessional behaviour is reported, they shall be removed from the platform.
All collaborations and posts on the marketplace is highly encouraged! We love to see projects develop and people connecting using the Knowco Collabwith platform. Nevertheless, we do not want content that is designed to deceive or mislead our users. Therefore, any publications made must be true, creating positive experiences for everyone engaging in the platform.
In our day and age, data has become more important than ever before and Knowco Collabwith intends to protect your information. Any attempts to gather sensitive information by deception shall be considered abusive. Any identification of such behaviour will result in the immediate removal of such User from the platform.
Hate Speech / Discrimination
Knowco Collabwith has a zero tolerance policy for hate speech and/or discrimination. These actions create an environment of exclusion which goes against Knowco Collabwith’s beliefs. Encouraging a platform for collaboration needs to be inclusive, regardless of any differences between people. We must acknowledge that Users come from all over the world and may behave differently. Helping your community understand what is appropriate and what is not will help shape a better society. Anyone experiencing hate speech and/or discrimination should immediately report the User.
- The User will ensure that their equipment is adequately secured and their software is protected against viruses and other potentially damaging factors.
- It is only allowed to use a real user entity web-browser when approaching the website(s). Using an automated system, such as a robot, spider or offline reader will be sanctioned with a denial of access to the platform.
- Without explicit permission from Knowco Collabwith it is not permitted to collect personal information about the Users of the website or handle this information in any other way.
- As an exception to the previous clause will be public search engines, provided they are collecting information with the aim of making published search indices for the material.
You can report an user, here.
- Anyone over the age of 18 can register as a User. During registration you are required to provide factually accurate information.
- For any User the following will apply:
I. The password for your account should be kept in a safe place unavailable to third parties. If the security of a password is breached you should reset your password immediately.
II. The User can log in through a third party – e.g. Twitter, Facebook or Google. In this case User authorizes Investee to allow access to the account through open authorisation (oAuth).
III. Access to the User’s email account – used for communications from your Knowco Collabwith account – should be carefully controlled. Persons who have access to that email account are also able to enter your Knowco Collabwith account. Any loss or damage suffered by the User as a consequence of poor access control are entirely the responsibility of the User.
IV. By storing information about securities in a Knowco Collabwith account the User declares that the email account associated with that Knowco Collabwith account is an up to date contact address, and further agrees that this email address can be used for formal communications such as updates, calls to elections, etc, by the issuer of the securities, or any other party involved, as described in the associated securities’ contracts. Any loss or damage suffered by the User as a consequence of providing inaccurate address information or failing to update address information is entirely the responsibility of the User.
V. Users are responsible for any activities carried out from their Knowco Collabwith account.
7. Intellectual Property
- The contents presented on the website of the Knowco Collabwith fall under copyright. Users are not permitted to copy or publish these contents other than for the appropriate use described in these Terms & Conditions, without prior written permission from Knowco Collabwith or the corresponding holder of the copyright. All content and material may include but is not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Knowco Collabiwth and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this website is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized by Knowco Collabwith.
- Without prior permission of Knowco Collabwith it is not allowed to use Knowco Collabwith’s brands. Permission shall only be granted expressly and in written format.
- Within these Terms & Conditions, you are agreeing to refrain from acting in any way which compromises the platform. It is not allowed to reverse engineer, reverse compile, decrypt, disassemble or attempt to modify the source code of the website.
- If found in breach of any of the aforementioned clauses, Knowco Collabwith will request the removal of any unpermitted contact with proof of removal within 15 days of notice. Failure to adhere to this clause will result in material breach, enabling legal action to be taken.
8. Liability Disclaimer
The Knowco Collabwith products and the Knowco Collabwith website have been assembled with great care. Knowco Collabwith offers no guarantees, advise or recommendation as to the suitability of the offered information documents or other products for the purpose any User may have.
Possible shortcoming of any agreements between Users are not the responsibility of Knowco Collabwith, but exclusively the responsibility of the parties to such an agreement.
- Knowco Collabwith is not responsible for information placed by Users. A User who concludes that information on the site may be in violation of law must report this to Knowco Collabwith.
- Knowco Collabwith has no control over, or insight into, the management of third parties and therefore will not offer any guarantees as to the availability of her website(s) and services.
- Knowco Collabwith can, for the reasons indicated, not accept any responsibility for any damages that may occur to Users or third parties as a consequence of a failure of these websites and/or services offered by Knowco Collabwith. Only in the case of gross negligence of Knowco Collabwith can an exception be made. The possible liability of Knowco Collabwith reaches no further than direct damage that the User can physically outline (eg. email communication, bank statements etc.). Knowco Collabwith is never responsible for any indirect damage suffered by a User. Nevertheless, Knowco Collabwith can attempt to resolve the matter where possible.
- Knowco Collabwith is not responsible for damages as a consequence of incorrect information provided by the User while generating their account. Knowco Collabwith classifies this as inappropriate behaviour and will remove any User from the platform which publishes incorrect and false information.
- Each User needs to read and understand the risks of investing in the financial instruments which are offered by Users, using the products of Knowco Collabwith. If the Investor is not able to assess such risks adequately, the User is recommended not to use those financial instruments. Knowco Collabwith is never responsible for the success or failure of an investment in a company. Every User acknowledges that Knowco Collabwith does not give investment advice.
9. Entering This Agreement
- This agreement is valid without a set end date. The User terminates this agreement when deleting their account or through a written notice to Knowco Collabwith.
- Knowco Collabwith is authorized to terminate this agreement in writing immediately and without incurring liability and/or to postpone any obligations of Knowco Collabwith under this agreement and/or to exclude any User permanently from the online services offered and/or products of Knowco Collabwith and/or to remove any information placed by the User on the website if:
I. User does not fulfil their commitments from this agreement fully or in a timely manner;
II. User does not accept a change in these Terms & Conditions.
III. Information is obtained by Knowco Collabwith that gives firm grounds to suspect that User will not honour its agreements;
IV. Circumstances arise which make compliance with this agreement unreasonable;
V. Knowco Collabwith is made aware that the User has been involved in anyway in placing information on the site of a discriminatory or offensive nature;
VI. Knowco Collabwith is made aware that the User has placed information on the website which is protected through intellectual property rights of a third party;
VII. Knowco Collabwith is made aware that User is involved in placing information on the website which could be damaging to the reputation of Knowco Collabwith or otherwise be harmful to Knowco Collabwith;
VIII. User is declared bankrupt or an application for bankruptcy is made against the User;
IX. User is granted suspension of payments on the grounds of insolvency or requests are made for such a suspension;
If Knowco Collabwith chooses to take actions for one or more of the reasons described above, then Knowco Collabwith is not liable to compensate any damages or costs arising from this act. Knowco Collabwith can take action against the User to compensate for damages. In such a situation the Knowco Collabwith can exclude Users from the website and remove any content placed by them.
Knowco Collabwith is not bound by any obligation towards a User if Knowco Collabwith is prevented from carrying out an obligation by circumstances beyond their responsibility, which are neither by law, legal action or common understanding considered the responsibility of Knowco Collabwith.
10. Final Provisions
- If any part of this agreement is null and void, the entire Terms & Conditions does become void, but only the particular section. In such a case, the section of the agreement that was null and void shall be replaced by another, as closely as possible.
- These Terms & Conditions fall under Dutch law. The application of the Vienna Convention is excluded.
- Any disputes will be submitted to the relevant courts in the location of the company, Amsterdam.
11. Contact Information
If there are any questions regarding the Terms & Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org